Friday, June 18, 2010

Thoughts of June

How do you like the new look? I don't really have anything to report on just gonna give a few thoughts of the last few weeks happenings.

  • Chris please blog why I should care about the World Cup b/c I don't.
  • I'm so pumped the NBA season is over, people bitch about baseball, NBA and NHL are way longer, thank god it's over.
  • Denny Hamlin is HOT, don't touch him, 2 straight wins, 5 wins in 10 races, up to 3rd in points, if the chase started today he's in first place. AMAZING run, keep it up 11 team.
  • Speaking of hot, the Giants have won 5 of 6, and I would like to thank the MLB for giving us Toronto and Baltimore, not the Yanks and Rays for interleague play.
  • Also on a Giants note they finally brought Buster Posey up to the show and suddenly we're winning games, I think I asked for this a while ago.
  • This years rookies are more intense than camping, Heyward, Strasburg, that pitcher from Cinncy (not Chapman), that kid the Cubs got, Mike Stanton, and Buster. All legit guys, and if Buster were on the east coast more people would be hearing about him, but Strasburg is just stealing all the headlines, I wanna see him pitch against a real lineup before I crown him the greatest ever.
  • Listening to the new Slash album, I know I'm behind a little, this is really good.
  • Bad weekend for NASCAR, you got father's day, the US Open-which nobody is talking about, and the World Cup. So, they send both top series to road courses, stock cars and road courses don't go together, I like Sonoma and all but your not gonna outdraw all that other stuff.
  • So I've been a real dick to Chris lately, last Saturday marked the 2 year anniversary of Dale Jr's last win. I know everyone loves him but please people don't tell me he's the best, and stop texting his crew in for fastest pit crew every weekend. I don't hate Jr, but for god's sake people give it up, it's almost like your Cubs fans.
  • Well the expansion happened, sort of, Big Ten gets Nebraska, Pac-10 becomes 11, and the Big 12 decides to stay together, good for them. I don't think the Big Ten is done, we got Notre Dame on our radar and we're gonna get them somehow, whether it's by killing the Big East or what, we're gonna get 'em.
  • Boise moved to early, Utah is leaving the Mountain West I think, so now Boise is only gonna have TCU to compete against, and really TCU isn't as consistent as Utah.
  • MLB Network is my life saver, with ESPN only being about soccer and basketball, I have to watch it to get my baseball, also got to watch the Giants last Saturday on it, and if I would've been home I could've watched them again this week.
  • Albert Haynesworth is making some big news, demanding trades and what not. I'm not gonna waste my breath with this. The Redskins facebook group is going nuts about this guy, I could care less. They're making a big deal about the 21 mil, Dan Snyder gave him that contract, good job dummy, now lay in the bed you made. Albert won't make or break our season, if our offense improves and the D picks up the scheme one overpaid D-lineman won't make any difference whether he's there or not. I just hope powers that be fix this soon b/c we need positivity not this crap hanging over our heads. All this does is prove once again Dan Snyder knows nothing about football and he should've butted out years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment