Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Preview

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!! Been a long few months lots of stuff going for me at work and my stress levels were very high, so finding time to talk sports was not a priority, well now I've moved on and have been relocated in my company, now I'm off every Friday for at least half the day, more if I choose not to work. So, now I'm gonna push at least one out a week, and if the mood strikes maybe a few during the week. Enough about my personal life, let's move onto the big news, Super Bowl 45 is Sunday, Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh, two of the most decorated franchises in NFL history.if you remember last year I broke the game down, had Indy with the advantage but still took New Orleans, not sure how it'll break down this year but let's go to the tale of the tape......btw I'm adding coach to the breakdown this year, you'll never guess where I'm leaning.

Quarterback: Advantage Packers, I know Ben has the rings but Rogers has the numbers, this isn't about who's gonna win the game, this is about who can perform better. I like Rogers a lot more, and frankly Ben doesn't have to be great for Pittsburgh to win, Green Bay needs Rogers.

Running Back: Advantage Steelers, pretty much a no brainer, Mendenhall is a top 10 back, Green Bay has Brandon Jackson and two practice squad guys, I know Wisconsin loves them some John Kuhn, but let's face it Wisconsin is racist and loves the big white guy toting the rock, he's not that good, he's no Peyton Hillis that's for sure.

Wide Receiver: Advantage Packers, again almost too easy, Jennings, Jones, Driver, and Nelson are better than Wallace, Sanders, and Ward, frankly Ward is a bit overated he's not the guy he used to be. Wallace is a bona fide stud, but Sanders is streaky. That said Jennings, Jones and Nelson have been known to have the dropsies so we'll have to see how that plays out.

Tight End: Advantage Steelers, I can't name the guys for Green Bay I know Heath Miller, besides Green Bay's TE's are 4th and 5th WR's basically.

Offensive Line: Advantage Push, Pittsburghs is banged up supposedly, Green Bay has Iowa boy Brian Bulaga at RT, against these pass rushers whatever line helps their QB the most will win this game. If Pittsburgh can run the ball it could be the difference in the game, also these two QB's are hard to sack, Rogers likes to move and Ben is huge, so if the line misses the first guy they could get downfield and help their QB get a few extra yards on a scramble.

Defensive Line: Advantage Push, both teams run the 3-4 so the OLB's are the keys to the D's, the front 3 can make plays but deciding between Hampton and Raji, or Jenkins and Brad Kiesels beard is tough.

Linebacker: Advantage Steelers, all of Wisconsin just went BULLSH^T, we got Clay, yeah you do Pittsburgh has two Clay's, and Bulaga vs. Woodley is the match-up of the game. Clay could go off, but the other three guys have to step up for Green Bay.

Cornerback: Advantage Packers, Chaz Woodson is the man and will be the X-Factor for Green Bay's D, is the other two corners can cover Wallace and Sanders, leaving Chaz to blitz and spy, it's game over. I don't love Pittsburgh's CB's against Green Bay's WR's.

Safety: Advantage Steelers, Troy's hair is what runs this D, last year he was hurt, they struggled, this year he's healthy they win, Jets game perfect example, first time he didn't play lose, second game, win. Ryan Clark is no slouch either.

Kicker: Advantage Packers, Pittsburgh has Shaun Suisham, I wouldn't trust him at all

Punter: Advantage Push, who cares

Returners: Advantage Push, either team could take one to the house

Coach: Advantage Steelers, Mike (don't call me Omar Epps) Tomlin is a way better coach than Mike (I'm trying to get as fat as Andy Reid) McCarthy, if this comes down to a big challenge or clock management, I trust Tomlin a ton more. This game also features two of the best D-Coordinators ever, Dom Capers for Green Bay and Dick LeBeau for Pittsburgh, could be interesting.

Final score Pittsburgh 5 Green Bay 4, but like last year I got this feeling, maybe it's my NFC love, my Wisonsin roots, but I think Green Bay wins, and their defense is the difference, Woodson or Shields will house one of Ben's passes, Green Bay 42 Pittsburgh 21. After the game check back I'm gonna do my Super Diary again, once again it will be unedited and full of thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment