Monday, November 12, 2012

Thought of the week

I was gonna focus all my efforts on the NFL this week, but a funny thing happened at the end of the day yesterday Nascar drivers decided to into it and took my focus off the football for a while.  Well I don't wanna write an entire post about 2 guys fighting so I figured I'd give my thoughts on the whole weekend.  Here we go.........

If I were to do a power rankings I think Atlanta would still be number 1, they lost on the road in one of the toughest places to play.  They also were without Julio Jones for over a quarter of the game.  The defense is still suspect but not many teams have as many weapons as New Orleans.

Number 2 would be Houston they are good, and played a tough game last night in tough conditions.

My thoughts on the fight yesterday in racing.  In case you missed it, Jeff Gordon got ran into by Clint Bowyer, this isn't the first time since they've met on the track.  After they touched which wasn't even that bad by the way, Gordon decided to retalliate and failed miserably.  Instead of hurting Clint, Gordon ended up wrecking himself.  Jeff then drove around waiting for Clint to come back around and when he did Jeff just turned straight into him.

After the accident the crew for Bowyer went down to confront Gordon and a fight ensued.  Guys were on the ground and lots of pushing and shoving.  When Bowyer finally got out of his car he ran to the garage area and tried to pick a fight with the 24 team at their hauler.

Who was right, who was wrong?  Jeff Gordon was totally wrong, he handled the contact on track like a baby.  He says he's tired of Clint running into him, well you tried to get him back and failed so you just leave it there.  Instead he waited around on track and then wrecked the guy who was running in 5th, not to mention taking out 2 other cars who had nothing to with it.  I'm not sure what Bowyer's team was trying to do by confronting the 24 team but they were probably wrong as well.

My take on Jeff Gordon is this, he's fake tough.  When he has a car he can run into people, but when he gets out of the car he's a big wuss.  He also goes after Nascar nice guys, last year he took on Jeff Burton, probably the nicest guy in the sport.  He's also had feuds in the past with teammate Jimmie Johnson, and now this with Clint Bowyer who people never have anything bad to say about.  If Gordon was really a bad ass he might get after Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, or Tony Stewart, actual bad boys who could hurt you.

Joey Logano a guy who got into this incident unfairly had a few harsh things to say on Twitter and I liked what he said.  Brad Kesolowski had a lot of stuff to say as well and I agreed with him as well, it's time these old guys in the sport start listening to these young guys especially when the old guys act like 4 year olds on track.

Enough about racing, I watched the end of the Rams-49ers game yesterday, wow do the Rams need to look in the mirror and figure out what went wrong.  It was a mess and honestly they couldn't of messed up the end of the game more.

The Jets have to go to Tebow, why trade for him if your not gonna use him?  I don't even like Tebow but you gotta give him his shot, and I wonder if Rex Ryan is just trying to get fired.

I'm not gonna get fired up about the Cowboys or Giants I said it last week, these 2 teams are like clockwork, they do the exact opposite of what you think is gonna happen.

Andy Reid needs to be fired and Mike Vick needs to get out of Philly and they need to start over.

Hey the Skins didn't lose this weekend, cool.

Big shake up in college football with Texas A&M beating Alabama.  I watched a lot of that game and Bama got in too big of a hole early and should've won.  The BCS came out yesterday with the 3 undefeatedes top 3, then 4-9 are all SEC schools.  That's right 6 teams from 1 conference are ranked top 10.  This only proves that the SEC is by far the best conference in college and I think most of these teams would win the conference title if they weren't in the SEC.

I really hope Notre Dame loses b/c they play a cupcake schedule and if they were in a conference they'd be done.

Tough year for Iowa but I wasn't expecting much, was expecting wins the last 2 weeks, but injuries to the offensive line have killing them not to mention the revolving door at RB and the fact none of the WR's can get seperation.

If your in the NFC you gotta start winning now, with the Packers/Bears taking the first wild card spot, if your New Orleans, Tampa, Seattle, Minnesota, and Dallas you gotta go now and win the games your suppossed to win.

AFC is wide open, I don't have the standings in front of me, but I would guess a 500 team is gonna make the playoffs.

Should we be affraid of Denver yet?  I honestly think Houston would beat them, but not sure who else.  I think New England had the game handed to them by Buffalo, Baltimore is a mess and they don't have an idenity.  Pittsburgh is coming on strong but we'll see they tend to be streaky.  Maybe it is Denver, holy cow.

Jay Cutler, Alex Smith and Mike Vick all left yesterday's games with concussions.  Yeah this is starting to be a huge problem.

If your a Wisconsin fan shut up about clinching the title game.  You had to beat out 3 other teams to make it, oh boy what a rigorous schedule.  The 3 teams have a combined 3 wins in conference and 15 losses.  Be happy you made it but don't make a big deal about it.

That's all for today, sorry it got a little Nascarey, but if you didn't watch the fight you should check it out here http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/highlights/121111/cup-pho2-high-three/index.html in the mean time follow me on twitter @derekbredeson and next week I hopefully will get to a power rankings and I have an elaborate post I'm working on that actually includes research.

No comments:

Post a Comment