Monday, November 5, 2012

Thoughts of the week

Was thinking of doing a power rankings but decided instead to just jot down some thoughts, mainly so I can put out my predictions for baseball's awards.  No more wasted time here we go....

What a tough weekend for me, Iowa is done, need to win 2 of the last 3 to get into a bowl, can beat Purdue, but have to beat either Michigan or Nebraska, gonna be tough.  Young team that has been hurt a lot, I think the Hawks got a bright future, if they got a QB in the wings.

The Skins looked like shit yesterday against a team with 1 win.  The defense is a mess and nothing works for it.  Too many penalties and non playmaking in the secondary.  Jim Haslett either needs to be fired or given some guys who can make plays. 

Denny's car was garbage yesterday so glad that once again he's falling apart at the end of the year.  He did give me great joy Saturday night calling out Austin Dillon in the nationwide race.  If you missed it try to find it, pretty funny and had some truth behind it.

I'm so tired of the Dallas Cowboys can we stop caring about them already, you know what's gonna happen though right?  Right now they're 3-5, they're gonna win 6 straight get to 9-5 then fall apart in the last 2 games, that's what the Cowboys do.

Another thing I'm tired of is the New York Giants, so sick of breaking down every game they play, you know what they're gonna do, win 10 games, go on the road win playoff games and when everyone thinks their done they'll win.  OR if you think they got it all wrapped up they'll piss it away, that's what happens when you talk too much about teams.

Nice to see Alabama get the win Saturday night, I wanted to stay up to watch but we were up early Saturday and I couldn't make it.  Bama is a good team with tons of weapons and all kinds of NFL talent.

I've been against the playoff for college but this year I want one real bad.  I want the  in 2 offense teams to play each other and the 2 defense teams to play then let the winners have it out.  Bama vs Notre Dame wouldn't even be a game ND would be so overmatched.  Oregon vs Kansas State would be an awesome game to watch, I think the scores would be in the 60's.  Let's make this happen.

If I were Todd in the Subway commercial I would give my "Sub" to Samantha everytime, go away Sally, I don't wanna give you my Sub.

I said something about MLB Awards, I'll hand those out quick AL Manager of the year Buck Showalter Baltimore, he got 2nd in the highest paid division in baseball and maybe the most competitive.  NL Manager of the year Davey Johnson Washington Nationals.  Has this easily nobody saw them coming.

Cy Young awards NL R.A. Dickey almost had the pitching triple crown 1st in K's w/230 2nd in W's and ERA 20 and 2.73.  AL David Price tied for 1st in W's with 20 lead AL in ERA with 2.56 and 6th in K's 205.

MVP NL I gotta take Buster Posey led the league in hitting, 6th in RBI, and 22nd in HR's all while playing catcher for a team that made the playoffs and eventually the World Series.  Buster had a great 2nd half as well.  I know Ryan Braun put up good numbers finishing top 3 in all 3 triple crown categories 3rd in AVG 1st in HR's and 2 in RBI's, but Braun hits in a hitter friendly park while Buster hits in a tough park to hit HR's in.

AL is tight but you gotta give the MVP to a guy who hit for the Triple Crown and had his team in the playoffs, I know Mike Trout  was right there with him and led the league in stolen bases with 49, not to mention the defense he plays. BUT Miguel Cabrera's team made the playoffs, Mike Trout's team with all the star power in the world didn't make the playoffs.  So Miggy has to win and a triple crown is pretty awesome.

Rookie of the Year, Trout in the AL has to be.  NL Wade Miley and Todd Frazier put up good arguements, but Bryce Harper's team made the playoffs and he was among the top rookies in all stat categories.  Give it to the PHENOM

Are the Bears this good?  51 points, the defense keeps housing picks, eventually teams will stop turning it over to them right?  I don't know what's gonna happen but just know when things start to get rought Jay Cutler doesn't get tough, he gets bitchy.

I know a lot of Packer fans are feeling good about the win, but I see the stuff said during games and a few Packer backers don't like this team, and think the o-line is gonna be where this team fails.

Is Atlanta good?  You are what your record is so yes they are, come playoff time will they be this good, not sure.  They've failed so much in the playoffs maybe they'll make it over the hump.

Dear Baltimore Ravens you have this guy named Ray Rice feel free to use him.

Arizona started out 4-0, are now 4-5 ooops, they need a QB.

Been a week and I'm still proud of my Giants, watched the parade on MLB network, what a great sight.  This team is so full of characters, and I'm not even talking about Brian Wilson.  Sergio Romo might be the new guy in that city dude is crazy, but can speak and is all about the team.  The team is full of guys from everywhere, you got the southern boys in Cain and Mad-Bum, you got the Latin guys like Scutaro, Pablo.  You got your west coast chill guys in Zito and Timmy.  Then the So-Cal guy in Romo, amazing.

If you don't watch Intentional Talk on MLB Network you missing out, Chris Rose and Kevin Millar have the best talk show in sports.

Can't wait for this Nascar season to be over, and hopefully Jimmie Johnson wins it all.  I'm not a big fan of Brad Keselowski.

Enjoy the 2nd half of the NFL season, with the Skins having the bye week it'll be nice to give my heart a break.  Follow me on twitter @derekbredeson for my thoughts during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment