Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Breakdown

I was on track to do my diary, but we had company over and I felt it better to socialize and watch the game rather than burry my head in the lap top, also needed to help my wife with the little one and the diary doesn't lend itself to baby watching.  Well for the most part I remember the highs and lows of the game.  Maybe didn't pay as much attention to the commercials but I saw a few of the high points, we'll try to hit everything about the game.

First of all the "America the Beautiful" with Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook Chorus was pretty good.  I thought some of the players were a little overemotional for it but I wasn't there so I guess I didn't feel the emotion.

Alicia Keyes did the anthem her way, I was ok with it, took her over 2 1/2 minutes which was good for me.

Before the game I had 3 bets I thought you wanted to take, over on the score 47.5, over on the anthem length 2:07, and Baltimore +3.5, all three were right.  I'm not normally a guy who gets gambling right so I'm gonna boast a little on this.

My guests asked me who I was rooting for at the beginning of the game, I said I picked SF on the blog, but I think I'm cheering for Baltimore.  I wanted Baltimore to win, but I thought smart money was on SF taking the game.  If you read last week you know I didn't really have a "true" pick at least one I felt comfortable with.

Anquan Boldin is a beast, his TD grab was awesome, his catch late in the game on 3rd and inches was awesome, I've always liked him, he's a stud who plays hard, goes across the middle, and makes plays.  The difference between Baltimore Super Bowl Champs and Baltimore regular season is the fact they started using Quan once Cam Cameron got fired.

Enough with QB's getting the MVP, I understand Flacco went for 270 and 3 TD's, but Jacoby Jones made the 2 biggest plays in the game, the 56 yard TD grab where he fell down and then avoided the tackle to get in, then the 108 yard return to start the 2nd half, which I got wrong thinking Ted Ginn would be the returner who would break one.  I know QB is the most important position on the field but Flacco didn't put as good of numbers as Kaepernick.  I'm tired of the MVP always going to the QB, the last 4 have been QB's, and 7 of the last 10, let's start spreading the love a little.

The God made a Farmer commercial was very nice, Ram did a good job of making you wonder what it was about, the fact it was a minute long was just awesome.  I know it probably didn't go over well in the big markets but here in Iowa and my friends in Wisconsin all loved it.  Side note if you think that was a Dodge commercial, catch up Dodge doesn't make trucks anymore, the brand is now RAM.

I thought the play calling by San Fran inside the ten in the last 2 minutes was atrocious.  In that situation you didn't run the read option once, you didn't run that jet sweep with Gore or James where Delanie Walker comes across the formation and blows up the outside backer.  They ran it earlier in the game and Gore scored a TD, they also ran it against Atlanta with LeMicheal James.

Does the NFL have a coaching box?  What's the point of having a sideline if the coach can stand at the 10 yard line?  Jim Harbaugh was down there the whole time SF had the ball inside of 2 minutes.  I thought it looked a little bitch ass on his part, get on your sideline where you belong.

I think that is why I didn't want SF to win, Jim Harbaugh annoys the crap out of me.  He's a cry baby, always showing up the refs.  He throws tantrums on the sideline all the time. 

If you think that was holding on the last play SF had inside the 10, SHUT UP.  There is no chance that was holding.  The receiver ran a bad route and didn't get position, you can't just run into a DB and expect to get the call.  This happened all postseason, the officials let the DB's play, in the regular season they call everything, in the postseason they call it fair.

Phil Simms is the worst announcer ever.  Now, I'm not comparing him to the schmucks that do shithole college football games for ESPN, but of network NFL announcers he's one of the worst.  In fact CBS has the worst color guys around.  I would take any of Fox's top 3 (Aikman, Moose and Goose, and Brian Billick)  NBC's Chris Collinsworth and of course ESPN John Gruden.  My point got proven in the 4th Qtr, 1st and goal SF 2:39 left they ran a play, clock is running, Phil Simms says Baltimore needs to call timeout.  Instead they let the clock run 2 minute warning, SF takes 3 more shots and doesn't score.  If your Baltimore 3 things can happen after 2 minute warning, 1) SF scores at TD gets 2 point conversion, you have 3 timeouts to get in FG range to tie the game. 2) SF scores doesn't get 2 point conversion, you have 3 timeouts to get in FG range to win the game.  3) You trust your defense, they get the stop, you force San Fran to use it's Timeout inside the 2 minute warning and don't give them the free timeout at the 2 minute warning.  So Phil Simms shut your mouth and stop announcing games that you have no clue as to what's going on.

I may not be the worlds biggest Beyonce fan, and this next statement may reflect that.  When did she sing?  All I saw was stripper dancing, and blowing kisses and winking at the camera.  I'm not a big that wasn't music guy, but it wasn't the best show in my eyes.  A lot of people liked it I personally didn't like it, can we just scrap this halftime show stuff?

Between the halftime show, the Jacoby Jones return, and the lights going out, Joe Flacco was off the field for at least an hour.  You wonder why Baltimore was a little slow after the blackout probably b/c they weren't on the field for over an hour.  That layoff almost cost Baltimore the game.

I got more beef with CBS, why don't you show the TD dances?  Jacoby Jones had 2 interesting celebrations and we didn't get to see either.  Also, on the punt safety they used the low camera from behind the goal post instead of showing the regular view, makes me think the producer had no clue the intentional safety was coming.  Baltimore ran 8 seconds off the clock and the whole time I'm going where are the SF players?  I didn't realize they were getting held like crazy b/c your shitty camera work didn't show me the play.  I almost forgot about the fight, CBS didn't show a great view as to why it happened, how it went down or anything.  I like CBS's shows but their NFL coverage is by far the worst of the 4 networks that know what their doing, I won't count NFL Network.

Whatever caused the blackout, whether it was hacked, just a blown circuit, whatever it was.  It had a definant effect on the game and I think these facilities need to look a little closer at what's going on with their power grids.

The cockiness epidemic was in full force last night, I have a few examples.  One play Anquan Boldin made a great catch came down, went out of bounds and immediatly got in the face of whatever 49er was attempting to cover him.  The DB just stood there and let it happen.  I was proud of that guy, he just said you made a great play nice work but why do you gotta come yell at me?  My favorite thing of all time happened again, (2nd game in a row for SF) LeMicheal James made a run, broke some tackles, got up started flexing and being way too cocky, 2 plays later FUMBLE, nice work dumbass keep flexing b/c you got a first down.

Randy Moss is a shell of the old Randy Moss, I still love you brah but hang it up.  I think he's a first ballot HOF'er, just hanging on too long trying to get that ring, wish we could have those Oakland years back.

Dorito's did pretty good as alway.  Go Daddy is old and tired.  Coke sucks. Bud Light Voo Doo has ran it's course.  Taco Bell very nice with the old people acting young, but that's not a new idea.  The Tide Joe Montana land was funny.  I've seen the Clydesdale commercial before, I think the early 2000's were a real high point for commercials and since then things have been more blah than great.

That's all I got for today, congrats to my man Cris Carter on making the Hall of Fame, it was a long time coming and don't get me started on Hall of Fame voters and why they make WR's wait, Art Monk feels Cris Carter's pain.  Things may slow down on here for a few weeks since I don't have football too talk about, be ready for NASCAR folks.  In the meantime follow me on twitter @derekbredeson or read some of my older posts.

1 comment: