Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thoughts of the Week 4-14-13

Lots going on this past week, figured I write down my thoughts of the past week.

Going ALL the way back to last Monday and the National Championship between Louisville and Michigan, I only watched the first half of the game b/c it started after 8:00, why in the hell would you start it so late?  I understand you want the west coast to watch but holy hell why include the west coast if it means you lose the East Coast and Midwest b/c it's so late.

When I went to bed Michigan was up and that Spike Albrecht kid was tearing it up, I think he just went unconscious in the 1st half and didn't realize where he was.

If you think Kevin Ware's injury had nothing to do with Louisville winning than you obviously don't watch sports.  Guys use motivation all the time, whether it's being accused of cheating like the 18-1 Patriots, being told your not good enough Aaron Rodgers falling to the 20's, pretty much anything is motivation for athletes who are playing at a high level.  These kids used him sitting in that wheelchair as a rallying cry.  I also think Pitino used him, you know he broke his leg for this team don't let him break his leg for nothing or something like that.

I'm mad at myself I didn't watch much of the Masters like I usually do, but the Giants were in Chicago this weekend and since I normally don't get to watch them I watched Saturday and Sunday.  I missed the Tiger thing on Friday, but how dumb was that.  If it was an illegal drop, unless you called it when he did it shut up.

I saw Adam Scott won, I have a problem with him, he uses a "Belly Putter."  I hate belly-putters, I think they should be banned, and even though I may of not voiced that before I've believed it for about 2 years now.  To anchor a club to your belly is cheating.  Guys who use belly-putters are guys who couldn't use a real putter than instead of fixing their game just go to the belly-putter and don't have to get any better.  Be a man work on your flaws and get better.

The Giants were down to their last strike today and Hunter Pence hit a solo bomb to tie up the game before the Giants eventually won in extras.  Pence is crushing this year, not sure if he feels more comfortable with Giants or what but he's playing way better this year than last.  2 years ago when we got Beltran I didn't like it, last year getting Pence was a great move and one we'll reap the rewards from for a few years.

Tim Lincecum pitched today, gave up 4 runs in the 1st then pitched lights out from there out.  I like Tim but he can't get out of the 1st inning anymore, not sure if he should go to the bullpen or what but something needs to change.  He hasn't pitched "well" as a starter since 2010.

So before the year I'm in love with the Nationals then they went out and got swept by the Braves this weekend.  So I guess the Braves are pretty good, Justin Upton is crushing the ball.  I'm not sure if their starters will hold on, but they have a great bullpen.

I didn't watch much of the race again for the 2nd straight weekend, I'm realizing NASCAR sucks when you don't have a dog in the race.  Even though watching Denny stresses me out and I get way to amped watching him, when he isn't driving I feel no need to watch the race or even care who wins.  It was a good race from what little I saw.

I guess Brad Keselowski went off after the race, something about Nascar messing his team.  If he gets fined less than 25,000 I'm gonna go nuts, his comments were twice as bad as what Denny said after Phoenix.

We're a few weeks away from the draft and I think the NFL and NBA drafts are going to have something in common, no breakout stars.  The NFL draft may be better than the NBA one, b/c this NBA draft is gonna be horrible.

Kobe Bryant went down with an Achilles, I know I don't talk much NBA, but this injury is brutal for the Lakers playoff chances, and even if they do get in they'll be bounced in 4 games.  Before the year the Lakers looked like the team to beat but they got a shit coach, the games most overrated player in Dwight Howard, and a couple of old dudes past their prime in Nash and Artest.  I'm not a Kobe guy but he should go out on his own terms.

Tomorrow is Jackie Robinson day, I think everyone in all sports should wear 42 not just baseball players, NBA players and Hockey players alike, well at least the black hockey players, what Jackie did took guts, courage, and pride.  I can't state what he meant for black people for obvious reasons, but he beat the civil rights movement by 20 years.  That was huge.

I wish Jason Day had won the Masters if only to show his wife more, DAMN.

That's all for this week, till next time @derekbredeson for any breaking thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment