Monday, April 8, 2013

Thoughts of the Week 4-8-13

Had to take a week off b/c of sickness but I'm back this week with some thoughts of the last weeks happenings.  Here we go......

True to form I stopped watching the tournament, not sure why I get so involved 1st weekend then just stop.  I guess when you lose the element of surprise I don't care anymore.  Probably didn't help I had all my teams wrong, and had Syracuse losing in the 1st round.

Baseball season is back and I couldn't be happier, last Monday when I was sick as hell, I watched Bryce Harper jack 2 out, that was awesome.  Reminded me of a few years ago when Jason Heyward rocked the Giants.

Speaking of the Giants, I'm happy we won last year, and we got the MVP but can you please stop with the ceremonies, Friday night they raised the World Champs Flag, Saturday they honored Buster Posey with his MVP trophy that he had already received and then Sunday they gave out the rings and wore those hideous gold uniforms.  That's 3 games with 3 ceremonies before them, when can they just shut up and play ball.

Giants started off taking 2 or 3 from the Dodgers yeah suck it.

Can we end this booing when former players come back?  Josh Hamilton can booed for 3 straight days in Texas b/c he left and said Dallas was a football town.  Well sorry Dallas but he spoke the truth, and honestly he took you to two World Series, 2 more than your franchise has ever been too.  How about a little respect and give him the cheer he deserved.

I know we as fans feel slighted when guys leave "our" teams but why do we care.  It's not like you get mad when your team signs a free agent, so you obviously had to get him from another team.  You hear it all the time, this is a business, guys get traded, guys get cut, guys sign as free agents, be happy with the memories a guy made for your team instead of focusing on him "leaving" you.  The only time I get upset is when guys sign with rivals but 9 times out of 10 they end up sucking anyway.  You want to boo because a guy owns you then so be it, but just b/c he left doesn't make it ok.  I for one call Carlos Beltran a bitch every time we play St. Louis but that's b/c he sucked when the Giants traded for him and anytime he plays us the last 2 years he kills us.

I know it's only a week but Toronto is in last with 2 wins, and R.A. Dickey has gotten rocked in his starts.  I said this in my baseball preview sleep on the Jays, they're a band of losers brought together and will continue to lose.

I didn't watch the Nascar race closely yesterday b/c of the Denny situation.  I saw the end and honestly Jimmie Johnson owns that joint and the only guy who has come close to taking it from him was sitting on the pit box, we need Denny back just to get in Jimmie's way for a few weeks.

I watched the NIT b/c Iowa was playing in it.  They played 4 good games then took a dump in the championship.  While leading up to it, people were giving flack b/c I was caring about the NIT.  Saying things like it's not a real tournament, or your competing to be number 69.  I got 2 things for that, 1 if you only care about who will be champion than all the Bowl games suck including the one your team is in unless it's for the trophy.  Secondly if you say your competing to be #69, your wrong b/c the top 68 teams don't make the dance, pretty sure Iowa was better than 10-20 Liberty.  I liked the NIT for Iowa b/c as young team they needed experience and being 1 and done in the tourney wouldn't have helped them.

Noticed a few quarterbacks moved last week, congrats to Larry Fitzgerald who's getting a washed up Carson Palmer but hey he's better than anybody Arizona had last year.

Have you noticed the interleague game every day?  Me neither so baseball purists can shut up now.

Yu Darvish almost threw a perfect game last week and everyone said oh it's the Astros anyone can do that.  Well even if it is the Astros it's hard to throw a perfect game against little leaguers let alone against professional athletes.

That's all I got for this week, twitter me @derekbredeson, read old posts, I'll be back next week hopefully with some deeper thoughts.  I'll end this week with a little phrase I just love "wait till next year."

No comments:

Post a Comment