Monday, July 1, 2013

Mid-Season Report

Before the baseball season I made some bold predictions, we're around the half-way pole so I figured I'd revisit those predictions and see if I'm right or wrong.

Prediction 1-Yankees and Red Sox will miss playoffs.  Well the Red Sox are tied for first place, Yankees are in 4th.  I'll give myself a B for that one, since the Red Sox are up front but this division is close and anyone could win it yet.

Prediction 2-Sleep on the Blue Jays.  Jays are in last but only 6 out and they just rattled off 9 in a row.  I'll go with a B+ since they are in last.

Prediction 3-Fuck the Dodgers, money doesn't win.  Dodgers are in last, enough said.  I'll stick with a A- on that one.

Prediction 4-The Angels are going to be tough.  They are in 3rd out West 7 1/2 out.  They aren't the powerhouse I predicted.  I'll say I failed on that prediction F.

Prediction 5-Giants win the West.  They lost 6 in a row before winning yesterday, they are in 4th 6 1/2 out.  I'll give that an F as well.

Prediction 6-Watch out for the Nationals.  Their in 2nd 4 1/2 out, Bryce Harper has been hurt and honestly none of the other guys have been as good as advertised.  Still a lot of season left and Harper is rehabbing, I'll give myself a C for this one.

Prediction 7-NL Central is garbage.  By far the wrongest I could possibly be.  Best 2 records in the National League are from this division and the Reds have the 4th best.  This one is an F-, I'm wrong a lot.

Prediction 8-Watch Starling Marte, next breakout star.  Chris Davis is the breakout star of the year with Manny Machado and Yaisel Puig right behind him.  Marte has been good, just not breakout good.  I'll give myself a C for him.

Prediction 9-Aroldis Chapman is the best closer in baseball.  Well Jason Grilli and Jim Johnson have the most saves and Chapman has been ok just not as dominant as last year, C- for that one.

Prediction 10-Tigers got the AL central on lock.  They are tied with Cleveland for 1st.  Cleveland could fall apart tomorrow, B- for that one.

Prediction 11-The Upton are going to strike out a lot.  Justin is 12th in K's and BJ is tied for 13th yeah that wasn't very bold prediction but I'll still give myself an A.

Prediction 12-I like the Rays and Royals.  Both are in 3rd primed to make a run at the Wild Card if not division, C+ for that one.

Prediction 13-AL Awards Trout and Verlander.  Chris Davis and Miguel Cabrera are crushing for MVP, and Verlander has something wrong with him.  I get a D.

Prediction 14-NL Awards Votto and Strasburg.  To be honest I'm not really sure who is carrying the NL, maybe Goldshmidt and Cargo, and Harvey and Wainwright for pitchers.  Gotta give myself an F for this.

Prediction 15-AL Playoff teams Rays, Tigers, Angels, Royals and A's.  Playoffs started today it's Red Sox, Orioles, Tigers, Rangers and A's.  So I got 2 out of 5 that's 40%, that's an F.

Prediction 16-NL Playoff teams Nationals, Reds, Giants, Phillies and Dodgers.  Playoffs started today it's Braves, Pirates, Diamondbacks, Cardinals and Reds.  That's 1 of 5 20% F-. 

The last prediction is the WS so I can't really tell that right now.  As you can see I have way more wrong than I do right but hey I got half a season to make this up.  Follow me on twitter @derekbredeson, have a good week and enjoy the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment