Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jimmie vs. Denny

History was made Sunday when Jimmie Johnson won his 4th straight Nascar Sprint Cup Championship over teammates Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon. I don't wanna discount Jimmie's accomplishment at all, it's amazing what he's done and frankly he doesn't get enough credit from the fans, when Gordon won his four you either loved him or hated him, same with Dale Sr. Jimmie Johnson has so many middle of the road fans it's sickening, and for the record I was cheering for him to win this one after Denny got eliminated from contention, simply so Mark Martin didn't win. Jimmie should also be the number 1 driver fan wise in Nascar, but he's not because so many Jr. fans are blinded by the guys non-performance and his dad's performance that they don't get real greatness. If the Bulls ever won 4 in a row and entire generation would walk around with Jordan jerseys forever, hell they won 3 and they were by far the number 1 team. Also, if you didn't like the Bulls you hated them, you didn't go, ahh well it was nice to see them win even though I don't like them. I don't hate Jr. by any means just his "fans" who voted his pit crew the 2nd best in ESPN's little contest they had, 2nd best huh, HARDLY, I'm a fan but I know when my team sucks and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to the Pro Bowl voting and giving Chris Cooley every vote I have just because he's my favorite player. Back to Jimmie, this accomplishment is amazing, for him and Chad Knaus, who by the way has been suspended a couple of time during these championship runs, why no asterik, oh because Nascar fans aren't petty. He won in the old car, won when they ran both cars, and won two in the new car, they guy can friggin drive. He's a corporate guy, always talking about Lowe's, he's good looking, according to my girlfriend also according to her his wife is not. Basically the guy has it together when it matters most and well you can't discount greatness, now if he could generate some opinions of himself, hell the Patriots haven't even won 4 but they are universally hated. In an effort to not sound like a Jimmie fan I will say this, I respect the guy, he's not in my top 5 for drivers I don't like, but I'm thinking he might just crack that next season. Guess what I'm saying is, it's time to start either wearing Jimmie stuff or start hating him with a passion, and well I guess it's time to get my hate gear on. However, that starts next year, I'm super happy Mark Martin didn't win this championship, he is in a two car race for driver I dislike the most with Carl Edwards.

At the top is says Jimmie vs. Denny, so far it's been all Jimmie and Jr. comments. With all respect to Jeff Gordon and Mark Martin, you two were not Jimmie's biggest competition in the Chase. That award goes to Denny Hamlin, in the chase two wins, 5 top 5's, and beating Jimmie on the track 5 of the 10 races. Denny lost the chase by 317 points, he had 3 DNF's, one race was his fault wrecking while in the lead, the other two were mechanical failures. So if he would have kept his head on at California, wear he lost 138 points to Johnson the winner of the race, let's say he just gets 5th at that race, he would have scored, 103 more points than what he did. Then at Charlotte he led laps before problems forced him out of the race, if he gets 5th there he gets 113 points. So, far in those two races he's gained 216 points, and don't try to say he had bad cars, he was leading when he wrecked himself at California and he led 54 laps at Charlotte so top 5 is not far fetched, also Joey Logano got 5th at Charlotte a Gibbs car. So he only needs to gain 101 points from Talladega were he blew up, he would have needed a top 5 in that race as well, and I understand the lottery that is Talladega but still you understand, the guy was close. Don't try to sell me the top 5's he needed are highly unlikely, he only finished out of the top 5 twice in the Chase of races he finished so it's not that far fetched. So, Denny needed a few breaks to go his way, and guess what next year those breaks are gonna go his way, he's been in Cup for 4 full seasons been in the Chase all 4 years, with finishes of 3rd, 12th, 8th, and 5th. This season he doubled his carreer wins to 8, and he's slowly turning into a short track genius, with wins at Richmond and Martinsville this season. He also owns Pocono, so if he can lay claim to 3 tracks he'll be a force to be reckoned with. He's also gaining some respect around the garage for his actions with Brad Keselowski in the Nationwide Series. For those of you who missed it Brad likes to wreck Denny and in the final race Denny spun Brad out, he didn't wreck him like a brat, just spun him out as to say dude I can do much worse to you. Next year, my second favorite owner Roger Penske is gonna have a lot to cars to build with Brad in his Cup cars because all he has done is piss people off and then smile like he did nothing wrong like he's Dale Sr. or something. Guess what kid, your not and you never will be because you are gonna wreck more than Steven Wallace and that takes a lot. So, I'm calling it in November, one year from now I'll be celebrating a championship with Denny. Jimmie will be right behind in 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment