Tuesday, August 17, 2010

NFL preview, AFC East

I'm in Foxboro, Mass. so I decided why not go ahead and do my AFC East preview. Kind of felt like pushing a blog out tonight and didn't really wanna talk about that QB that didn't retire but still needs to announce he's coming back, stop over reacting people. Instead, I'll keep the previews coming and keep this momentum up. The AFC east is a beast of a division, on paper. On paper the top 3 teams are close, and all of them have huge questions. I'll only be talking about Miami, New England, and the New York Jets, Buffalo has no chance and is the early season favorite for Jake Locker QB Washington Huskies. The big 3 of this division all have huge questions, let's take a look.

Miami, made the big move to get Brandon Marshall, Parcells is hoping he's not a T.O. repeat. I'm not in love with the Dolphins, the defense seems to be lacking that huge name to put them over the top. Can Chad Henne lead a team for a whole season, he had huge expectations his senior year at Michigan, the team went 8-4, as opposed for contending for a national title. Who else is there besides Marshall? Ronnie Brown is a dynamic player but he never has a dynamic season just a bunch of good weeks. My final question will they continue to evolve the wildcat, I hate it and if it's gonna be a real offense it needs to keep growing. My thought is Miami has too many questions to win this division or too even get that last wild card spot that many teams in the AFC are looking for. I know you just went the last wild card spot isn't there too, there is but not when New England and the Jets are both contending.

New England, is an enigma, the Defense is young and lacks a pass rush. They lost key veteran Ty Warren for the year, huge blow to the D-Line. Wes Welker is he back or not, what happens the first time he goes across the middle, that's what he does. Is Randy Moss still and elite WR, I know he's more elite if Welker is on the field. Still no RB's to speak of, can they again contend with a running game. How big is Logan Mankins holdout gonna be, I see it this way, everyone wants to talk about Revis, but Mankins is more important to NE than Revis to NY. If Mankins is out of shape and misses a block, guess who's knee is killed when the LB sacks his ass, that's right Tom Brady. Which leads to final NE question is Tom Brady 100% back from the knee injury, I know these things take time to get back from, guys play but QB's often come back before their 100% ready. Hopefully for NE's sake he's ready.

New York, drove by the stadium today that place is impressive, it's HUGE. The big question for the Jets is when does Revis report? The D will be ok without him though, Rex Ryan is a blitzing machine and they'll be fine. Is Mark Sanchez ready to lead, they got him another WR in Santonio Holmes, who'll be there week 5 after suspension, plus they already have Braylon and Cotchery. With those stud WR's will Shonn Greene and LaDainain Tomlinson be enough punch in the backfield? The Jets have a huge O-Line that makes plenty of money so they better be able to block but can Greene and LDT hit the holes? For the record I love Shonn Greene and am expecting huge things from this kid. I really want to like the Jets, but Rex Ryan is such a cock he makes it hard to like them, I think my feelings will waiver on this during the year.

Onto the predictions.

I looked at the schedule and I got New England going 12-4, they have tough games but some winnable games and if their defense can improve, with a healthy offense they can do it.

New York Jets 11-5, if Revis gets his ass into camp they could be better but he's only worth one win in my eyes. This season is more about Sanchez than Revis, it's on Sanchez to lead and score points with better weapons.

Miami hate to say it but 8-8, like I said I don't love these guys, but if they wanna prove me wrong I'll be glad to see it.

Buffalo 2-14, I watched them on Friday against the Skins, not pretty, no line, no QB's, just bad things all around, look forward to Sunday December 12th when they play Cleveland to see who gets to pick number 1.

Final note, a Great Giant passed away Bobby Thomson, who may have hit the most famous HR ever, "The Shot Heard Round the World," when the announcer exclaimed "The Giants win the pennant the Giants win the pennant." I'm not a huge historian but Bobby Thomson was a great player and great guy who was always willing to talk about that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment