Sunday, August 29, 2010

NFL preview NFC South

The predictions keep coming, today's focus the home of the reigning super bowl champs, the NFC South. To the naked eye the Saints look like the clear cut favorites to win this again, but Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Carolina might have other idea, let's look at the questions facing the division.

Atlanta has a few questions. Is Matt Ryan ready to make the jump after a not so stellar sophomore season? What is up with Micheal Turner, big things were expected he delivered first year last year not so much. Is this a defense ready to make the leap? I mean those are the things I can think of, they could be set to rise again, like two years ago.

Carolina is a lot sketchier, did they make the right decision at QB, Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen, I'm not so sure. They have the two headed beast at RB, but in this new NFL wearing passing is king will those two studs be able to carry them to victories. What happened to Steve Smith, usually RB's fall off quickly but WR's tend to be able to play late into their careers, maybe it's his size he's a little small. They lost Peppers is the D ready to move on without him at pass rusher. I will mention Jon Beason, is he ready to become a force at MLB for this team, and make the jump to great player not just good.

New Orleans has only one question, are they happy to be Super Champs? They keep talking a big game, but we'll see. If their still hungover from the 6 month binge they've been on then their in trouble, if not and their willing to play with target on the back then they'll be fine.

Tampa, well I know nothing about Tampa. Josh Freeman they love. They got who some believe was the best player in the draft in McCoy, but can a DT make a difference? Honestly, I wish I knew more about them but I just don't and I'm not ready to think they've made the jump from bad to decent.

Onto the predictions here it go......

New Orleans wins the division going 14-2, I expect them to start 10-0, and could lose to Dallas week 12, and their other loss is when their resting starters at the end of the year against Atlanta. I like the Saints good D, Reggie Bush is turning into the player he should be, and the offense has too many weapons. Drew Brees is one the top 3 QB's in the league, and Sean Payton is a crazy mofo, their set up for success.

Atlanta just looking at the schedule, I came up with 12 wins, but I'll take one away and give them 11-5 which could mean playoffs, the West stinks, the East isn't all that good, so they could take that wild card spot with 10 wins, and are guranteed it with 12. I like their chances for Ryan to rebound and show the composure of his rookie year.

Tampa 6-10, just a guess, seems every year a team from the south rises up, I'll take Tampa to do that over Carolina.

Carolina this hurts to say but 3-13 or 4-12, I don't like Matt Moore and John Fox is a lame duck coach in my eyes. As I said their backs are studs, but the league is all about the pass now, running games don't win games typically.

That's all for now my NFC East picks will be up next week sometime, can't wait for that, expect a lot of Skins coverage on that I have a few ideas that most Skins fans don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment