Thursday, August 12, 2010

NFL preview, AFC South

You smell that, it's August, it's hot, it's humid, must mean September is almost here, and with that comes the NFL regular season, oh baby it's game time. In preparation for the season I'm getting my previews going, doing it early so I don't have to rush like I did last year. Today's topic the AFC South, home of the Colts, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans. I think this is one of the toughest divisions in the league, Indy is always tough, Houston is an enigma that I can't figure out, Tennessee has two of the most electric players in all of football, and Jacksonville still has a team. Well that last one is in jeopardy but who cares. This division is full of star power, Peyton, Wayne, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Chris Johnson, Vince Young, Maurice Jones-Drew. Legit pro bowlers all of them. This division also holds the dumbest liar in all of football, Brian Cushing who has blamed his failed PED test on everything from tumors to overtraining, dude admit your wrong and move on.

Predicting this division is tough, you know the Colts are tough, but after them your not sure. Are the Titans ready to contend, is VY ready to lead? Those are the questions in Tennessee. Is Houston ready to get over the hump, play a whole season, is Owen Daniels ready to become an elite TE in the league, and who totes the rock? That's what Houston is wondering. Jacksonville is still wondering if David Garrard was the right choice, and if Mike Sims-Walker can continue to improve, they also payed some money to Aaron Kampman hoping he'll put his hand back on the ground and be the force he was before Green Bay switched D's. Here's how I break it down

Indy-13-3, they have the usual tough games, San Diego and New England, but I think Peyton is ready to have Gonzalez back remember he wasn't there and they still made the Super Bowl. Bob Sanders is healthy I think, these guys are tough.

Houston 9-7 they'll miss the playoffs I think, they have winable games but without a running game I'm scared, also Schaub is made of glass he needs to stay healthy a whole year.

Tenn. 8-8 or 9-7, can't put my finger on it, but if Vince is the man they could win 11, he's a basket case they only win 6.

Jax 7-9 honestly this division is tough and Jax always plays Indy tough, let's see if Kampman can take down the 3 stud QB's in this division.

There you have it stay tuned for more previews from me and Chris. One more note, GO GIANTS, we need to take at least 2 of 3 from San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment