Monday, June 13, 2011

Bucket List

Man what is getting into me, another post 3 in 4 days I better slow down. This is one is so cool I didn't wanna lose my thought before Friday. I've done some cool stuff in regards to sports, I've been to Wrigley, new Comiskey, the Bristol night race, NFL Hall of Fame inductions in Canton, Ohio, and watched the Giants live more than a handful of times. I started thinking today, if I could attend any ten sporting events what would they be. I wrote down some stuff coming up with 15 events, I ranked them to a top 12, and now I'll unveil them, from 12 to 1, #1 being the thing I want to do most. Also, I've got some other lists in my head so this may become a theme. Here we go......

12) Kentucky Derby, I'm not a huge horse racing fan, but going to the Derby would be sweet, the hats, the beer, the gambling. That would be awesome to witness.

11) Richmond Race (NASCAR), this is my favorite driver Denny Hamlin's home track. Richmond has two races a year both are at night so either would suffice. Geographically, I'm a loner as a fan, I've never been to one of my favorites home stadium, so being around what I would hope be a mostly pro Denny crowd would be sweet, plus he's good there so a great chance he wins.

10) Redskins vs. Cowboys in D.C. how amazing would this be, huge rivals, our stadium, be around the Skins fans. If my seats were by the "Hoggettes" it'd be even better.

9) Super Bowl, only knock I would have is all the pre game and halftime crap, I'm there to see a football game let's play. To be at the biggest game of the year would be beyond belief, especially since tickets are so much. Cherry on top would be a team I like is there, but not a requirement. But to watch whoever host the trophy at the end live would so awesome.

8) British Open, my favorite Golf Tournament of the year, it'd be extra sweet if it was St. Andrews but any course would ok in my eyes. The British is cool because it seems a guy comes from nowhere every year to contend, and I've heard European fans aren't as courteous as American ones, so to hear some heckling at golf would be so funny.

7) A perfect game pitched in baseball, to be there as somebody chases perfection, 27 up 27 down. How cool would it be, the anticipation in the ballpark would so amazing. The tension so thick, to watch the fielders figet while they're waiting to get a ball hit to them, can't describe how cool that'd be. Also, seems as if every perfecto has at least one did you see that play that someone on defense makes.

6) Rose Bowl, the best bowl game of them all, I don't need to get into detail about why the Rose Bowl is so great.

5) Fenway Park, I've been to Wrigley, Yankee stadium is knocked down, there's only one "old" park left for me to see. That'd be Fenway, the Red Sox wouldn't have to playing someone especially good I just wanna go there for a game and see the place up close, maybe from the Monster Seats.

4) Iowa vs Michigan @the Big House, always wanted to go to the Big House in Ann Arbor, but to go watch the Hawkeyes play Michigan there would be too cool.

3) Southern 500, Darlington Raceway (NASCAR), this is my favorite race of the year, (besides Bristol) it's not a plate track like Daytona or Dega, and not an open-wheel track like the Brickyard in Indy. Darlington is steeped in tradition, the racing is fast and you can hit the wall anytime there.

2) Stanley Cup Game 7, don't care who is playing just want to watch my favorite sport to see live crown a champion. If you don't watch hockey much when a series is over, the team that wins celebrates, then both teams shake hands before they get the hardware, then each guy carries the Cup around the ice. The tension, intensity, the focus, couldn't imagine how cool that would be. When your at a hockey your on edge already but to amp it up to game 7, AMAZING

1) Giants-Dodgers, AT&T Park, San Francisco, Tim Lincecum on the hill for the Giants. That is very specific I know, but if this is gonna be the game I go see at the Giants home park this is the game I want to watch. Tim is electric when he's on, and to be at a rivalry game would be so cool. The Giants have one of the most beautiful parks in the whole league, then to see the 2 time Cy Young winner throw for us, my excitement level would be through the roof.

There you have it, another list of mine, I'm sure some of the stuff you could give a crap about, but this is what I want to do, tell you what if I do 2 of these I'll be a happy camper.

1 comment:

  1. I'd go with you to the Redskins/Cowboys game, but we wouldn't be able to sit by each other. Also, I've been to Fenway twice for a game. BOOYAH!

    ReplyDelete