Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

This Sunday will be Father's day so I thought why not give a shout out to my dad. I wanna take the time to thank my dad for being there for me, giving me my passion, and making me into the person I am today. I owe a lot to him, my love for golf and my game I got from him, I bat left handed in baseball but golf right handed because when I started hitting balls I used my dad's clubs in the backyard to learn. There are a ton of other things my dad gave me but this is a sports blog not somewhere you want to learn about who or why I am.

When I was youngster my dad didn't push any of his teams on me, hence why a kid from Wisconsin can like the Washington Redskins, San Francisco Giants, Michigan Wolverines (no longer a fan of those guys), Chicago Bulls, (everyone my age was a Bulls fan), Rusty Wallace and Pittsburgh Penguins. There are no state teams in that list, the closest being the Bulls who I no longer care for, that's for basketball in general. My dad in fact does like the home teams, Packers Badgers, and Brewers. He loves him some Green Bay, but when I was a kid he didn't force me to like them, in fact he didn't force my sister either, her teams are just as spread out as mine. I know for sure he wishes maybe I wasn't so passionate about sports in general but he deals with it, and lately he's coming around and we can have intelligent conversations about stuff, mostly football. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do my kids my the same favor, I have a feeling they'll be pushed to the Hawkeyes and Giants especially, but I hope I can keep and open mind like my dad did when I was a kid. Thanks Dad, happy father's day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment