Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bold Predections

We're nearing the trade deadline in baseball and the second half is heating up so I figured why not throw out some predictions for the rest of the year.

1.) The Pittsburgh Pirates will hold on and win the NL Central. They have pitching and timely hitting sounds like a team I know from last year. I like Milwaukee's offense, but not their pitching. I like St. Louis but something seems off. The Reds may turn into sellers in the next week, so maybe Pitt can keep this run going. Another thought, this isn't like Cleveland who got hot early and then have been coming back to the pack, the Pirates are gaining momentum not losing it.

2.) The White Sox will catch the Indians and Tigers to win the AL Central. As I type they are 4.5 games out of first. Ken Williams will make a deal for a hitter if Adam Dunn doesn't wake up. Also the bullpen market is wide open and they could make a move for some back end help. Ozzie is a great manager and gets the most from his guys I think this is a safe bet.

3.) Ubaldo Jiminez will be a Yankee. I think the Rockies are gonna sell and the Yankees need starting pitchers. This only makes sense to happen. If the Yanks can find enough prospects and maybe through in a pro player, like Brett Gardner or Nick Swisher this could happen.

4.) The Giants will get a power bat. We have no choice the offense is struggling and Pablo Sandoval can stay hot for only so long. Carlos Beltran is supposed to be a viable option but he doesn't have the power we need. I love our team right now and don't want to mortgage a the future this team won it last year and frankly if Tim, Cain, Vogelsong, and Madison can keep it up we won't need that many runs.

5.) The Cubs will be a farm team by the end of the year. Zambrano, Dempster, and Soriano are all gone. Carlos Pena may get moved as well. I think the Cubs have no choice but sell these guys and get something for them. For the most part they are all dissapointments, but have good trade value.

6.) Jose Bautista will hit 60 HR's. I'm pretty sure he's day to day right now but this guy kills the ball and is on a torrid pace. Besides Toronto has nobody else so if the dude hits a solo shot the game won't be changed.

7.) Prince Fielder will win NL MVP. Contract year, his team in the race, the guys get on in front of him. He's gonna put up huge RBI numbers and of course the dingers. The rest of the league is mostly pitching and Lance Berkman so not much competition I guess.

8.) The Phillies will NOT represent the National League in the World Series. Well duh of course I say that. I'm on record that I don't think their big pitchers have what it takes in the playoffs and last year we proved it against all 4. I like the Braves, Pirates and Giants pitching just as much so if they end up against each other those teams can shut down Phillies offense which is completely overrated. I mean Raul Ibanez is 45 or something yet bats in the middle of that order.

9.) The Rays will catch either the Yankees or Red Sox for the AL Wild Card. I'm record about the Yanks starting pitching, and the Red Sox are banged up. Besides, they'll play eachother enought that if the Rays get Evan Longoria going they'll catch one of these two.

10.) Prince Fielder will be a Yankee next year. I know that isn't till the offseason, but Prince will go there to DH b/c Jorge Posada is as good as gone. The Yanks will pay up and Prince will be a full-time DH the next 7 years.

11.) The Cardinals will trade Albert Pujols before July 31st. Yeah right I can't even back this up, but if it happens this would have to happen. In the next 11 days the Cardinals would have to lose a lot, the Pirates and Brewers would have to run away a little, and Albert would have to agree to go get a ring somewhere else and then come back next year as a Free Agent.

12.) The Giants win it all over the White Sox. I have no evidence to back this up, just what I think. We have the pitching let's do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment