Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nascar 2012

The 2012 season is finally here and to be honest I can't wait for it to get going. After the way the 2011 season ended nobody wanted the off season. How you can race the finally ten races and end up in a tie is unbelievable. Nascar has a ton of momentum this season. I hope things continue this way. This year its hard guessing who will make the chase. I'll give it a shot though.

Tony Stewart: You have to start with the champ. He'll make it but I bet his season will look a lot like last years. Steve Addington coming over there will be a getting to know you period. I don't think we will ever see a run of ten races like Smoke had in the Chase ever again, but it would be awesome to see him finally win the 500.

Jimmie Johnson: Might as well end the suspense now and say he'll make it. 2011 was a bit of a downer, but he was still in contention for the championship with four races left. Chad and Jimmie are the Brady and Belichick(that's sick I know) of Nascar. They'll get back on track and win there four or five races before the Chase.

Jeff Gordon: I'm throwing this out there. 2012 Sprint Cup Champion. Yep I said it. I've always wanted my driver Dale Jr to get hooked up with Alan Gustafson. He's only won with every driver he's had. Heading into the chase I thought 24 was going to take it, but he couldn't put it together the last ten. I think he changes that.

Carl Edwards: Ford and Jack Roush's cash cow. What Carl wants he gets. All the sponsors that Roush kept all wanted to be on the 99. A couple things I think hurts Carl this year. First losing last year by a tie has to be a little crushing. One spot over ten races that's it. I'd rather get blown out than be that close. Second since we've seen Carl in cup hes always raced Nationwide or Trucks. This year he said hes focusing on Cup. I bet it hurts him a little bit. Waltrip always says learn on Saturday apply on Sunday.

Matt Kenseth: Boring, sponsor nightmare. All he does is run up front every week. Guess that's not enough to get you a full time sponsor. I said I thought 24 was gonna win the Chase, but he faded. Halfway through Martinsville I thought Matt's sitting pretty. Tony's winning all these races and Matt's hanging with him. Then Matt goes anti Matt and gets aggressive. We all know how that ended. Matt torn up and the Chase basically over. He only runs great everywhere that doesn't turn right.

Brad Keselowski: What a summer run this guy had. April and May I was thinking Penske doesn't put up with this middle of the pack crap very long. Brad was 20-25 week after week. Not sure what exactly happened but during the summer he was a man on a mission. 2012 he is the face of Penske. I hope that's not to much pressure on him.

Dale Earnhardt Jr: Rick Hendrick did a great thing pairing Jr with Steve Letarte. Steve was a great cheerleader and put him great position to win a couple races. This year I think he'll take one or two. I know I know I'm a fan so I have to say that.

Denny Hamlin: This guy got a great gift during the off season. Darian Grubb will help Denny return to the front. Some relationships just run their course and that's what happened with Mike Ford and Denny.

Kevin Harvick: Three wins last year an uneventful Chase got a new crew chief for the effort. RCR downsized this off season so they now can put my resources towards their bread and butter the 29.

Kasey Kahne: The big new addition to Hendrick. Kasey's always said he could so much more if he was in great equipment. Here's his shot. He does get to bring long time crew chief Kenny Francis with him so that should make the transition fairly easy.

Kyle Busch: The man everybody loves to hate. I'll make this short and sweet. He'll win a bunch of races beating up on the Nationwide guys as usual. Win a couple of Cup races and fade like always in the chase. Its the same story year after year

Jeff Burton: Gotta have a wild card and here's mine. The past couple years have a struggle for the 31. For some reason I think he'll return to form. I've been thinking the whole time Newman, Allmendinger, Biffle or Burton. I keep coming up with Burton. He ran strong the last ten. New crew chief and smaller RCR will help.

Some things off the track

I think the whole season will be interesting for Kurt Busch. Hes not great at kissing ass, but that's his job this year. Where does he end up though is the question. Give me Gibbs and he'll race the 20 in 2013. Also the rivalry between Kurt and Jimmie gets put on hold this year. I don't think Rick would like two of his cars beating on each other week after week.

Roush Racing: Hes got a big problem. Not enough sponsor money for everybody and has two very talented drivers waiting in the wings in Trevor Bayne and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Jack has already said they won't race a full season in the Nationwide season. I think both have to look outside Roush sooner or later. Here's my two cents. We'll start with Trevor Bayne. RCR would like to get back up to four cars. I think if money can be found Trevor would be great for them. Hes young and would be great teaming up when its time for Austin and Ty to move up. Childress is always good at find sponsors. Ricky Stenhouse Jr: Stewart Hass. Ricky raced in the dirt for Tony a few years back. Newmans contract is up. Ryan says hes coming back but has no deal yet. Ricky and Tony have similar driving styles. I think that would be a great place for Ricky to go.

Nationwide Series

Not going to get to much in depth here.

Owners Championship. KBM ya there gonna dominate everything.
Driver Championship. Elliot Sadler.

No comments:

Post a Comment