Monday, April 12, 2010

Week in review April 5th-11th

A whole bunch of news in one week, I was busy working so I didn't really watch any of it. Instead of writing 4 different things, I'll just give my thoughts on the happening.

  • Good job Butler, if only you could make a shot you'd be national champs.
  • What is up with Coach K? He's a Bobby Knight guy, I would think he'd be more of hothead, but he seems like everyones best friend. That apple rolled about a mile from that tree.
  • Opening Day was cool to watch.
  • Who is better than Albert Pujols? I watched opening day and listened to the Sunday nighter on the radio. He's amazing, and I wonder who the hell is pitching to this guy?
  • Jason Heyward is a man, the guy hit 2 out the opposite way against the Giants this weekend, and the one he hit on opening day still hasn't landed. Rookie of the year, hands down.
  • Tim Lincecum vs. Roy Halladay for NL Cy Young is already heating up, I watched Timmy on opening day, he was amazing and his "new" curve ball makes his fastball and changeup even more effective. Then last night 10 K's against the Braves, I got him winning his third, but of course I'm a bit biased.
  • I called Tiger getting a top 15, should've said top 5, but still a good showing for not playing any tourney's in 5 months.
  • Get off Tiger's ass, if he wants to cuss while playing so be it, you hit a ball in the woods and try not to swear or hit your club on the ground.
  • Didn't get to watch much of the Master's but I checked the highlights every night, Phil played really well, obviously he won, but to play like that with his wife being there was pretty cool. You can say what you want, but having your wife and mom both recovering from Cancer the fact he can hit a ball straight is impressive enough, let alone win one of the toughest tourney's of the year.
  • All the golfers owe Tiger a big thank you, because of him, they didn't get any attention this weekend, and just got to play golf.
  • Sounds like the UFC fight Saturday was a bit of a dud, my pal Dunne was very disappointed, he called to tell me how frustrated he was, and coming into the night we were both more excited for this fight than before christmas.
  • Sprint Cup at Phoenix was ok, I'm getting a little sick of seeing late race cautions, I know Denny got helped at Martinsville, but still if your dominating and with 4 laps left some nobody cuts a tire, and strategy wins the race, than why waste the first 370 laps and just run the last 5.
  • Hats off to Denny, 11 days after ACL surgery on his left knee, he got in the car and stayed in, even after going 2 laps down with battery problems. I know people are saying he's doing it for attention, I don't think so, why on earth would you punish yourself like that. Not only was the knee in pain, the first half of the race he thought he didn't have enough power, so he turned off his fresh air to his helmet, and it was 115 degrees in Phoenix.
  • One more hats off to the Wisconsin men's hockey team, getting to the championship game of the frozen four and coming up short against Boston College. 2nd is nothing to be ashamed of.
  • Final thought, Brewer fans you need to get rid of Trevor Hoffman, he stinks and is 42, time to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment