Monday, December 3, 2012

Thoughts of the week 12-3-12

Figured I'd try to put some thoughts down from the past week.  Didn't watch a lot of games yesterday, had family over but I saw a few things.

Green Bay needs a new kicker, can you trust Mason Crosby in a big playoff situation?  I don't think so.

I hate Seattle

If your the 49ers yoiou gotta be sick, you lose 16-13, and your offense gave up 10 of those points, ouch.  I'm not gonna say bench Kapernick but I don't think Alex Smith losses that game.

Another note on the 49ers why are you running stupid options and reverses inside the 10?  Turn around hand the ball off and get out of the shadow of your endzone.

So tired of hearing about the Jets, most talked about sub 500 team this side of Philly.

Think NBC was a little pissed about last nights game?  2 sub 500 teams duking it out.  I know everyone watches the Cowboys but enough is enough, wish some good teams could get in prime time.

Only reason I watched last night's game was hoping Brent Celek would catch enough balls you win me a fantasy match up other than that I didn't care.

The BCS Title game is gonna be awesome, I can't wait for it to happen.  Alabama on Saturday looked pretty good, but I'd be a little worried about AJ McCarron who didn't throw a lot of passes in the 2nd half of the game.

Notre Dame better be ready for Yeldon and Lacy, 2 tough kids who run well behind a huge line.

Norhern Illinois is the BCS party crasher, but let's face it Wisconsin and Louisville are far more egregious than NIU.  Side note NIU is 12-1, that loss came at the hands of the Hawkeyes.

Speaking of the BCS, it's hard to talk about who deserves to be in these games and who doesn't.  Some people are upset Georgia didn't get in even though they played in the SEC champ game.  Well sorry the system isn't perfect and when you have 21st Louisville and unranked Wisconsin both getting in based on conference titles.  Then you throw in NIU having to get in b/c they're 15th, so that only leaves 2 at large spots left.  Well Florida and Oregon are both top 5 so they should get in.  When you deal with rankings and such it's hard to be "fair."  Don't give me this sob story about Oklahoma not getting in, they're not even a top 10 team, if anyone should be pissed it's all those SEC teams who can't get in including Texas A&M who are maybe playing the best ball right now.

Speaking of Wisconsin what an ass kicking they handed out Saturday.  I think the Badgers played like people expected them too all year.  They were also helped by Taylor Martinez sucking ass.

How this is illegal is beyond me, this is possibly one of the best blocks of all time.
 
Johnny Manziel for Heisman
 

I have to talk a little about the Baseball Hall of Fame ballots being sent out, if you read my older posts my stance on this is known.  I have no problem with guys who used PED's.  In the case of 2 guys Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens they were both HOF guys before they're alleged used began.  If you wanna keep out McGwire and Sosa that's fine with me b/c both guys were just power hitters, but Clemens and Bonds were both great players who used the stuff to hang around the game longer.

I'm starting to know why the Direct TV football package was cheaper this year, there aren't any games on.  Week after week I'm trying to find games I want to watch and I never see them.  For 1 the Skins have played 1 of the last 4 Sunday's, the entire reason I got the package was to watch them and 1 in the last month I've gotten to watch them on a Sunday.

The dumbest thing to happen is these Thursday night games, so dumb wish the NFL would stop shoving their network down our throats.  Let's face it the Thursday games are a joke and I think 1 road team has won a game this year.  The teams don't have enough time to prepare.  Thanksgiving is 1 thing but to have these game every week for 16 weeks is dumb.

Hey Baltimore I know I said this a few weeks ago but give the rock to Ray Rice, please and thank you, no touches in the 4th quarter yesterday.

Hey Arizona if you need a QB pretty sure I can throw the rock and try to find Larry Fitzgerald, I can't be worse than the 3 guys you got.

I'm not a big predicion guy but I'll say tonight the Skins are gonna lose, the Giants have a ton of WR talent and the Skins can't cover anyone.

The playoffs are starting take shape with 3 teams clinching yesterday in Houston, Denver, and New England.  That leaves 2 spots in the AFC up for grabs and Indy is in control of one of them.  Amazing turn around in Indy.

That's it for this week probably not the most informative post I've done, but if you all take away from this is the Kenny Bell block well than that's alright by me.  I'll be back next week in the mean time follow me on twitter @derekbredeson.

No comments:

Post a Comment