Monday, January 7, 2013

Wild Card breakdown

I watched all four games this weekend, didn't miss more than 15 snaps.  I've got thoughts on all the games.  Let's start with Saturday.

Houston vs. Cinncy was a terrible game.  I was bored out of my mind the whole game.  I'll say this about both AFC games, be happy you won this week b/c your not winning next week.  The AFC is very top heavy, where the NFC tends to be more even.

Houston misses Brian Cushing a lot, in the front 7 JJ Watt is the only guy who can make plays.  Last year Brooks Reid made a bunch of plays for them, Saturday I don't think they mentioned him.  The Texans have let go of 2 big guys in the front 7, Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans, they could use their talent against New England.

Cinncy needs to keep this coaching staff together, Marvin Lewis and Jay Gruden make a good team.  Gruden and Dalton work well together, and I think the Bengals are one explossive receiver away from being really good.

Jermaine Gresham is a turd, I like Gresham out of college but since then wow does he suck.  Him and Brandon Pettigrew from Detroit are both huge dissapointmens in my eyes, they drop a lot of balls. 

If Houston is gonna win this week, they have to get to Brady and Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels need to have huge games.

The Green Bay vs Minnesota game turned out exactly like I thought it would.  In fact I think Green Bay didn't blow it out on purpose just trying not to show too much.

We all learned again why the back-up is the back-up, every year at least 1 team wants the back-up to play, guess what folks the back-up sucks 9 times out of 10.  Joe Webb is terrible, I think he's even worse than Tebow, every throw was either in the dirt or 2 floors above the WR's head.

Adrian Peterson is a beast, that has nothing to do with the game, just wanted to say it.

Green Bay is gonna be healthy against San Fran, Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Finley, Crabtree, and Harris all have to have great games.  When these 2 played in week 1 SF had Smith at QB, not sure how GB can contain Kappernick, but who knows maybe he'll go out and lay a big turd on the field.

Baltimore vs Indy was a terrible game as well.  Pretty sure Chris took a nap during it.  I thought I was watching Ray Lewis's retirement video not a football game.  Note to everyone he gets to play again next week.

I love Baltimore's offense with Caldwell calling the plays, seems they try to throw the ball over the middle more instead of dump off's to Rice and bombs to Smith.  Caldwell gets Boldin, Pitta and Dickson all involved.

Andrew Luck is for real, first time I really watched him, only knock I have is he holds the ball too long

Baltimore vs Denver will be a good game can't wait.

Seattle vs Washington oh boy do I even want to get into it.  If you watch any of the networks (ESPN or NFL Network) all the former players are saying Washington played it right, sorry to say boys but they didn't.

Let's look at the situation, RG healthy as he has been in a month, goes down the field twice, scores both times.  The 2nd drive he tweaks his knee on a roll out, and he held the ball too long tried twisting back and forcing a pass to Garcon in the end zone.  After the tweaking he could barely walk let alone run, he couldn't plant his right knee to throw the ball.  The deep ball he threw the pick on was b/c he had no strength in his leg and couldn't get it down the field.

Now, you can say hindsight is 20/20, but I said this during the game.  They should've let RG go back out once, and when you realized he couldn't move in the pocket/plant you should take him out.  Me and my wife were both asking why he was still in.  She said you know Cousins can play why not put him in.  I'm at home watching the game goind if I can see if he isn't healthy how come the trainers, doctors, and coaches can't see it.  I also put on facebook before the play he finally came out on happened that I thought they should put Cousins in.  I can't fault the guy for wanting to stay in, but you shouldn't leave that decision to the kid, you gotta do what's best for the team, and when he wasn't healthy I think we got 4 first downs, he wasn't being effective.

I don't want to hear we were winning the game that's why he should've still been in, we were winning b/c our defense played awesome in the 1st qtr but as soon as RG was hurt and ineffective you were asking them to hold back an offense that scored a ton of points on everyone.

I don't think RG has a long term knee injury, from former players it sounded like MCL not ACL.  What the kid needs to do is throw the fucking ball when he has it though, he kept trying to make plays, and couldn't do it.

That field yesterday was a joke and I can't believe they played on that thing in the playoffs.

Russell Wilson is good, I didn't have to watch that game to know that, I saw it last year at Wisconsin.  You want to beat him, hit him, yesterday when he ran the option he kept it 90% of the time, I think they can be beat.

The game was rather chippy yesterday, I think that's what you get with a Pete Carrol team though, he let's the guys do what they want.

Before we crown Russell Wilson as the savior and the best rookie QB in the league, the Seahawks were in the playoffs and they beat New Orleans with mostly the same talent on the field.  I think Wilson is good but he's got talent everywhere, Lynch is on the Mount Rushmore of current RB's in the NFL right there with Foster behind Peterson.

Last thing I blame Mike Shannahn for the loss yesterday, can't believe he didn't realize the team was less effective with RG III behind center.  You gotta be smart and realize when your not moving the ball.

That's it for this week, next weeks games will probably be the same 3 boring ones and a good one.  I'll be watching them though and will have my thoughts next week, in the mean time follow me on twitter @derekbredeson.  ROLL TIDE 28 ND 12

No comments:

Post a Comment