Monday, March 25, 2013

Baseball 2013

    I promised it last week it's my 2013 baseball blowout.  I've never actually done this before so I don't know how it's gonna go kind of shooting from the hip here and since that's how all my posts go I guess it won't be any different.  I don't want to go division by division and give you straight winners, how about instead some bold predictions or maybe not so bold.

  • For the first time in what seems like 40 years the Yankees or Red Sox won't make the playoffs.  Sox are a mess have nobody on their roster I'm afraid of and they Yankees have everyone on the DL.  CC and Hughes could keep the Yanks close but with only Cano in the everyday line-up it's over for them.
  • Sleep on the Blue Jays, they spent too much, in fact the Marlins tried this last year and how did that work out?
  • Speaking of spending money, fuck the Dodgers, money can't buy team chemistry which is what you need.  Once again I'll bring this up, the guys they got from Boston weren't winning there why would they be different in LA.  Greinke is garbage in any important game and has never pitched under pressure.
  • Speaking of spending money, the Angels are gonna be tough, they have the best hitter of the last decade, they have the best hitter of the next decade and they have the best power hitter of when he's right can crush.  Besides the Rangers got nothing, The A's are weird, The Astros are garbage, and the M's are tough but not Angels tough.
  • I don't want to make any bold predictions for the Giants.  I think they'll win the West provided, Scutaro is the hitter he was in August and September last year.  Pagan is the guy he was in the playoffs and in the WBC.  Lincecum is can break out of his funk, and Vogelsong can keep dominating at home.
  • BEWARE of the Nationals.  They went out and got Soriano from the Yankees to close games.  Strasburg is gonna go a full season.  Don't forget Gio and Jordan Zimmerman.  The line-up is tough and Harper is only gonna get better.  I liked this team last year and I'm sure I'll watch them 2nd most this year.
  • The NL Central is garbage.  Reds will be good, Cardinals have zero pitching, Brewers suck, Cubs suck more, and the Pirates well let's see about those Pirates.
  • Speaking of the Pirates keep your eyes on Starling Marte, this kid is gonna be awesome, he's my breakout star of the year.  Anthony Rizzo is a good bet for that as well.
  • I'm man crushing on Aroldis Chapman this year, he might be the best closer of all time when it's all said and done, if he stays there he'll be better than Mariano.
  • I almost forgot to mention the AL Central, oh that's right the Tigers got that on lock, Cleveland your a few years away.
  • Any outfield with the Uptons in it is bound to strikeout a lot.
  • I like the Rays and Royals.  Watch out for the sneaky Royals pitching.
  • AL MVP: Mike Trout AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander
  • NL MVP: Joey Votto NL Cy Young: Stephen Strasburg
  • AL playoff teams, Rays, Tigers, Angels Division Champs Wild Cards Royals and A's
  • NL playoff teams, Nationals, Reds, Giants Division Champs Wild Cards Dodgers and Phillies
  • World Series Nationals over Angels, MVP Bryce Harper.
That's all for this week, I'd talk about my bracket but if you look at last weeks post it's completely fucked.  Follow me on twitter @derekbredeson.  Nascar note of the week, I understand what Joey Logano did wasn't "dirty" yesterday, but he needs to learn their are 2 ways to handle things like a bitch and like a man.  He handled this controversy like a bitch, yeah dude I'm sorry you got turned doing 100 MPH, but running like an idiot at 180+ is only gonna get people hurt, like it did.  I won't blame you for Denny's back injury but I'll blame you for his bad finish.  The brick wall caused the injury, but you helped put him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment