Monday, March 11, 2013

Thoughts of the week 3-11 edition

    Not much too talk about, just figured I'd lay down a few thoughts.

The race yesterday was the best so far of the year, the teams are learning how to adjust the cars.  Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne had a great dual at the end.  I was very happy to see Kenseth get the win for Joe Gibbs Racing.

The Nascar vs. Denny saga can end when Nascar admits they made a mistake in fining Denny.  All Denny said was the teams have a lot to learn and the cars are gonna race like the old cars did at the beginning, until the teams learn what the cars can do we're gonna have snoozer races.

Team USA in the World Baseball Classic is a joke and I don't care who they beat, until we get the great pitchers to do this tournament we won't win.  This entire tournament is stupid btw b/c who wants to play in a tournament before the season starts?

NFL Free Agency starts tomorrow a whoopity doo, I don't get too excited for this probably b/c I'm not near the Redskins and don't hear any of the rumors on who their gonna get.  Also, the Redskins have made so many terrible signings in my lifetime I actually don't look forward to who we're gonna waste money on.  That said I hope we get some safetey help, and hopefully a long term solution at middle linebacker.

College Basketball is setting up for a great tournament, can't wait and hopefully the Hawkeyes can win a couple Big Ten tourny games and get in the dance.

In nonsports related subjects I'm watching "The Bible" and "Vikings" on History Channel, both have been ok so far, Vikings has some potential but since they have 1 hour segments it goes fast, and not much story gets told.  The Bible is good I like the Old Testament stories and so far that's what the Bible has shown.   Kind of wish they spent more time with David but I think they're already moving on.  Pretty good movies so far check them out.

Well that's it for this week I know pretty lame but I can't make up stories to talk about, come back next week when I'll have plenty to talk about with the bracket out.  In the meantime follow me @derekbredeson on the Twitter machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment