Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chicks that rock

Time for some more fun. Been really getting into some background of bands. I've found some cool stuff especially the amount of women in rock bands. This is mostly coming from me checking out the Sick Puppies website and their bassist Emma Anzai is pretty hot. You'll see a lot of girls front bands, with all guys playing the instruments, Lacey from Flyleaf, Lzzy Hale from Halestorm, and Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil. Sometimes the whole band will be girls like Kittie was in the 90's, but hardly ever is their a girl that just play instruments, that's why I find Emma so interesting, then I ran across the band Skillet, they've been around a while. Their song Monster is one of my favorites at the moment. Well the drummer and guitar player are both woman, guitar player Korey Cooper is the lead singers wife, and they have a new drummer Jen Ledger.

Think it's pretty cool when the girls can rock out, especially when they play bass or drum, two physically demanding instruments. I espcecially like Emma because from what I've read she gets tons of respect from other bass players that she's toured with. Also, with only 3 people in the band she has to carry a large part of the song and just can't blend in with and let everyone else play over her. The begining of "Your Going Down" she starts the song off with a great bass line. So I'm not gonna get all long winded here just want some opinions who is your favorite "Chick that Rocks?" Post a comment, I'll take Emma with Lacey a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment