Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rush to judgement

Last week a little news happened in the NFL and I didn't really cover it. Not sure why, but today at work I was like, dude what is all the fuss over Rush Limbaugh. A little disclaimer here, one I'm not very political, get most of my news from the Daily Show. Secondly I'm not a republican and I could care less for Rush, he's dumbass who is like Sean Hannity, basically a fear monger when the Dems are in charge, but doesn't think anything of it when W. broke laws for 8 years as president. That's just my opinion of the guy and as I said I'm not as informed politically as I should be. However, this is a sports blog so here it goes, Rush was asked to join a group interested in buying the St. Louis Rams. ESPN got wind of this and ran with it, several players said if Rush bought the Rams they wouldn't go there, hell even an owner said he would vote against Limbaugh's group if they had the highest bid. Well that group swiftly kicked Rush out, after they asked him in.

My problem with this whole deal is they didn't tell the whole story. I'm not even gonna research it b/c I could really care. But, they never said how much of the team he was gonna own. I know for sure he wasn't gonna be primary owner, so you wouldn't see him in the owner box every week like Jerry Jones, Ziggy Wilf, or Al Davis. All he was really gonna do is put up some dough and make a little return on his cash, being a minor owner of NFL team is easy money, it's not like a team loses money ever. As I said, I don't agree with his politics but the guy wasn't running the team or anything why would you care if he owned some stake in the club. A lot of the critisism stems from a few years ago when Rush said Donovan McNabb wasn't any good, and the NFL wanted a black guy to make at QB, during ESPN's pregame show. Well Rush your and idiot for even saying that, but well some people think that, and there idiots too. When he said that he pretty much alienated 85% of his possible workforce, so why would he act so surprised when there was an uproar about possible ownership for him. I can't gurantee there aren't owners who feel the same way, but they keep there mouths shut. Pretty sure southern boy Jerry Jones might have just cracked some black jokes as a kid, no gurantees there but maybe. Everyone is a little racist whether you want to admit it or not, but most of us keep our opinions to ourselves, we don't broadcast to the world on a radio show. So, guess what I'm saying is I see both sides, but Rush don't act like your the victim here, you started this crap a few years ago don't act like you didn't say what you said, but on the other side, more people need to get the facts before they go ape shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment