Thursday, October 15, 2009

What?!?

So today while I was at lunch I was on Cbs Sports and I saw an article from Peter Pistone entitled Byron, not Earnhardt should part of the inaugural HOF class. For people that didn't know Nascar voted for their first five into the hall of fame yesterday. The France family who started and took Nascar to where it is today where the first two in. Richard Petty a remarkable 200 race winner and seven time champion. Dale Earnhardt seventy six race winner and seven time champion. Junior Johnson two time championship driver and two time championship owner rounded out the list. I saw that title for his article and instantly said my new catchy pharse cha please. For those who don't know cha please check ur Chad Ochocino thesaurus. Then i thought this man is creating career suicide. I understand people are in titled to their own opinion but come on! To say Dale Earnhardt shouldn't be in the first hall of fame class is asinine. The man he suggested was Red Byron Nascars first champion. Red was a two time champion in 1948 and 1949. So we will get his due into the hall soon enough, but not over Earnhardt. So then this jag bag goes on saying how great Earnhardt is and what he did for the sport but doesn't believe he should in the hall this year. What?!?! I understand he was the first champion but come on what did he do that Earnhardt didn't. I know he raced in the forties on it was different times but really? I understand with seventy six wins Dale wasn't the driver with the most wins in Nascar history. But when you win seven championship you must be doing something right. I also believe that from the mid 80s to the mid 90s was the most competitive time in Nascar. I mean think of the good drivers from that time. Davey Allison, Mark Martin, Bill Elliot, a young Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, Ricky Rudd, Tim Richmond, and Darrell Waltrip. Every single one of them will be in the hall. Well maybe not Richmond he should be but hes a black sheep. As you can tell I'm an Earnhardt fan who is shocked that somebody would honestly think he wasn't a first time hof er. I wonder how Mr. Pistone email inbox is doing? I'm sure there are quite a few people who agree with me. So Derek who's your first five?

No comments:

Post a Comment