Friday, August 14, 2009

Vick to Philly

I gotta do it, I just gotta. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, really Philly? I can't believe it, I'm amazed, shocked, and overjoyed. So Mike Vick signs with Philly for one year and a team option for a second, no guranteed money so they can cut him whenever they want. So first question is why, why Philly? I'm not gonna go on about Vick's past, everyone deserves a second chance and anyone can rebuild their image. I think he served his time and should be given his chance, people in the NFL have done lots worse and are beloved by all, (Ray Lewis) and don't give me this crap about what he did is so horrible. It's bad I get it, I'm a dog lover, I love my dog more than anything in this world, but he didn't kill, rape, or molest anyone so he's not lower than scum in my book. You wanna say he didn't serve enough time, call the judge and tell him. Ok enought about the past, like Mark McGwire I'm here to talk about the future. Philly you have Donovan McNabb and that Kolb kid, why you need Vick? Kolb got hurt I believe but Vick won't play until week 6 so he's not an injury replacement. You already have a mobile QB who can make things happpen on the move. I think they just wanted some media on the team so when they fail again under Andy Reid nobody notices. I'm sorry that huge walrus is a terrible coach. But I digress, Vick is not gonna work in the west coast offense too much thinking. I'm not gonna lie he's kind of dumb. Also, Mike what were you thinking, the Packers or 49ers made way more sense. Green Bay has two unproven back ups, and Niners have a strong coach who could help you with your skills. Now I understand McNabb lobbied to get Vick so maybe that had something to do with it. I guess GB and SF maybe didn't want his that bad. So yeah I guess it makes sense to go where people want you. I will say Philly did it's homework, it called around the city to protest groups and animal lover places and asked for their support, so that's a plus.

So I'm in Pennsylvania for work, not sure how to close to Philly I am, but there are a lot of Eagles fans around here. This morning on the radio it's all they talked about, and it was a normal music channel not sports radio. I actually heard one guy say he was done with the Eagles, and he was getting rid of all of his Eagles stuff, I couldn't believe my ears. As someone who just droppped a team I've loved since my youth I understand what it takes to stop your allegiance, but in the NFL you don't root for the guys in the helmets you root for the symbol on it. I understand there are a few exceptions, Chris's love affair with T.O. for one. But to stop liking your team b/c they signed a new 3rd string QB, at least I hate Michigan now b/c their head coach is an idiot. I'm not gonna hate the Redskins if they cut Colt Brennan, I'm not b/c I don't care about the 3rd stinger. If the Skins would've signed Vick I would've been fine, for two reasons. One he has to play for someone and two b/c he would have never made the team. The Z man loves Colt and JC, and Todd Collins is a safe back up. So hats off to you Philly way to take the guy nobody likes, I hope he can rebuild his image, and he can have some sucess in life, but your signing makes me laugh b/c it just doesn't make football sense. Feel free to comment about your thoughts on Vick I know he's very polorizing and maybe you don't agree with me, so voice your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment