Monday, September 28, 2009

State of the Skins

Well well, here we go again. I know maybe two or three other Redskins fans, and I'm sure they don't read the blog, but guess what I'll give you what you want my reaction to yesterday's despicable loss. I was on the road all day driving from Iowa to Massachusetts, I got nothing, no tv, no radio, hell I didn't even read the recap of the game. I couldn't stand to bring myself to even look up stats or anything for this horrible ass team. For one, the Lions are an ok team they showed it for 2 quarters against Minnesota last week, they were gonna win a game this year, just so happened we were in town. So, I know nothing about the game just that we lost, but I'm sure I do know what needs to change. THE WHOLE GOD DAMN THING, pardon my french. Our stupid owner is too busy trying to be the younger Jerry Jones, note to Dan Snyder WE HATE DALLAS, stop trying to be like them. Please put us out of our misery and either sell the team or butt out and just be an owner not meddling and throwing your money around. Well we all know he ain't going anywhere so I'll move on to stuff that could happen.

Fire Jim Zorn, he's worthless, including the last 8 games of last year we are 3-8, after a great start last season. Our one victory this season Shaun Shazam kicked 3 fg's even though we were in the redzone 4 times, and we got zero TD's. I don't know anything about yesterdays game, but if you can't coach up your guys against Detroit you need to go. He's not only the head coach but he also calls the plays and is the QB coach, previous experience QB coach for Seattle, that's it. How does he go from nothing to calling all the plays and deciding who plays, I don't know. I went to the Hall of Fame last year and on the shuttle from parking to the stadium I talked to some Skins fans, and one of these guys I didn't even know said this and I've believed it the whole time, Zorn was put in a place to fail. We don't have the personel for his offense, and well he wasn't ready for this. So plane and simple let the guy go, you had a terrible run.

Next step fire Vinny Cerrato, GM. This guy has a job b/c he is Snyder's, yes man. Dan calls him up and says hey get me every free agent who has played in a pro bowl, I don't care how much he costs, overpay for him and get him. Vinny doesn't talk about why the guys old team doesn't want him, he just says yes sir, of course sir, whatever you want sir. We've problems on the O-Line depth wise for about 5 years and guess what, we never fix it. This guy is an idiot.

The D-Line, DE's Phillip Daniels (age 36) Renaldo Wynn (35) Andre Carter (30) Jeremy Jarmon (Rookie) DT's Lorenzo Alexander (26) Kedric Golston (26) Cornelius Griffin (32) Albert Hayneswoth (100 Mill) Anthony Montgomery (25). Your rush comes from the outside, who of those for DE's can rush the passer? NONE OF THEM, Carter was a 3-4 outside guy and that's where he belongs, Daniels and Wynn are old, and Jarmon well dude you'll get a chance. I we spent 100 mill on one guy why do we have 5 DT's? We only have 2 QB's but we have 5 DT's, good call Cerrato. The DT's are young I like Golston but he's the only one on the line I care for. Haynesworth, well nobody is worth that much money and nobody can play up to that contract at DT, but if he plays solid and stays healthy he'll be ok in my eyes.

WR's, this is where the hiring of Zorn even as o-coordinator baffled me. Our two biggest threats the year he was hired were and still are 5'10" Santana Moss and Antwan Randle El, small WR's don't work in the west coast offense. So, we drafted two guys in the second round to help, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, neither really were healthy last season and even though they're both playing this season neither has had any influence on the team. Why do we have short WR's in a west coast O, I understand last year, but why bring Randle El back? We cut Marcus Washington, best LB on the team but we keep Randle El, terrible decision making. I like Moss but dude you don't belong in this Offense your a deep threat not an over the middle kind of guy.

Jason Campbell, dude I've had your back to whole time. I'm not a fan of running the QB out of town, especially one who never has the same offense year after year. But dude, I've had enough. I was hoping this season you'd turn it on since it was your contract year, but no you didn't. The Giants game you had a clear 8 yards to run but no you throw the ball when your already 4 yards past the line of scrimmage and you getted picked, what the hell is that? You have Chris FREAKING COOLEY, and you throw him zero TD's last year, what the crap man. You look like your always thinking and never just playing, maybe Zorn is messing with your head too much or something, but you never look right when your playing.

So there it is, fix all those problems, only about half the team, and we'll be fine. We have some great players, Cooley, Clinton Portis, London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo who should be playing DE's not freaking LB, LaRon Landry still imagine what him and Sean Taylor together would be like, and Carlos Rogers. But we have a lot of mistakes, DeAngelo Hall and the rest of the stuff I talked about earlier. Is the season over, no. Do we still have a chance, yeah. Anything can happen we still get Tampa and Oakland, and maybe we can steal some division games, but dude 9 against the Rams, lose to Detroit, let the Giants nobody WR's beat us. There isn't much hope and frankly Skins fans are tired of it, I know I am. The losing makes me sick and sad to say our 1 win this year makes me sick. I know I'm long winded but this is just how I feel. I told my dad when I was a little tike I wanted the guys with the Indians on the helmets to win, and they did Doug Williams won that game, and a few years later I was old enough to know who was actually playing. We won a Super Bowl that year and I was a fan for life, Mark Rypien, the Posse, the Hogs, Darrell Green and the man Joe Gibbs. I lived in Wisconsin and it's hard to be a Skins fan when your whole life Brett Favre is throwing the ball all over the field and your QB is banging his head into a wall. But guess what I'm still here, still wearing my hats, jerseys and sweatshirts trying to show support for this team, it would be nice if they threw a little something back. Hell I'm such a fan, my favorite NASCAR driver is a Joe Gibbs racing guy, from Virginia, Denny Hamlin. If your still reading thanks.

1 comment:

  1. i remember some other young linebacker they didnt need. antonio pierce ya good thing he never did anything in new york....oh wait

    ReplyDelete