Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NFC East preview

With the season almost here it's time for a some predictions and me to give some thoughts on the divisions. I'll be doing the east and west of both the conferences. So, I'll start with where my favorite team resides the NFC East. Probably the best division in football rivaled maybe by the NFC South, also dominates the big markets of the media. Every year it seems all four teams are around the playoff hunt accept the Skins which are around the playoff hunt about every other year. I'll start with the big news of the division from the offseason. Dallas cut T.O., the pacman, and Tank, two felons and the me show. In other Dallas news Jessica Simpson cut Tony Romo, that' funny sorry. No other big news to report they traded their number one pick for Roy Williams so they didn't make any major moves. The Giants also had a slow offseason, cutting Plax and losing Derrek Ward was about the only major moves they made. They drafted Hakeem Nicks in the first round, solid pick I think, but he's no Plax. They also gave Eli the 3rd largest contract in the league, DUMB. The Eagles had a busy off season making news by cutting the heart of their D Brian Dawkins, and also firing an emplayee who facebooked his disapproval of the cutting. They then drafted Jeremy Maclin, another deep threat for Chunky Soup McNabb to throw too. Finally, made THE SPLASH of the off-season by signing Mike Vick, how much he's used is up to them but still a splash. The Skins made the biggest free agent signing of the spring getting Albert Haynesworth and giving him 100 mil, that's alot of cash. Same day they resigned Deangello Hall, and at the draft Brian Orakpo fell to them, awesome. After the draft they cut Marcus Washington, the teams best LB. Not many other moves just tormented Jason Campbell by trying to get Jay Cutler and Mark Sanchez, idiots, not on Cutler just Sanchez. So, the teams will look basically the same as last year, where the Giants won the division, Eagles second and made the playoffs, Cowboys 3rd and Skins 4th.

On to the predictions, I'll take the Cowboys to finish fourth, Romo stinks, Roy Williams is no T.O., their new stadium is a joke. The defense is a year older, and the starting RB isn't as good as the back up, or even the 3rd stringer. I'm a bit biased I hate Dallas. 3rd is gonna be the Giants, you saw them at the end of the year without Plax, not the same team. Eli is overated, B-Jac is good but the Giants don't use him well, Bradshaw is a stud but never plays. With Osi back on D he'll help things, but once again not enough improvement on the D. 2nd I'm feeling the Eagles, not a fan of the Vick move to much distractions for a guy whose not gonna help you win football games. Also didn't make and improvements on the D, getting rid of Dawkins was not a good move. I look at them don't really see where they've improved as a team, Maclin is a good addition but he's the same player as Desean Jackson. The rookie RB McCoy could be good but Westbrook is still there so when he's gonna play? I think they make the playoffs but as a wild card again. Finally, first place in division, I gotta take the Skins. If I don't think their gonna win it all what kind of fan am I? The Haynesworth move and Orakpo are huge, both awesome players to add to the front 7. Also, have 3 great corners and two awesome safties, so we got the front and back covered. We'll also have our two draft picks from last year healthy to help the Z-mans offense. Add that to JC, CP, the Tana man and Cooley, we got a good team. Also, have the easiest schedule in the division, only team who plays Detroit. So their you have it, like it or not I like the Skins I may be crazy and tell me that but how else am I supposed to feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment